"We can’t stop, and we won’t stop" - Miley Cyrus
Hey guys, CrossFit Beyond is hosting an open house team competition this Saturday. It’s totally casual, and cost is zero dollars. If you want to go, RSVP on the white board today, tomorrow, or Thursday. Teams are random, and you’ll probably get to meet someone new!
Push Jerk - 12.10.2013
A. Power Clean x1 + Push Jerk x3, heaviest possible with good form
B. 3x1x90% of ‘A’
C. 4 Rounds for Reps
1:00 Wall Ball
1:00 Kettle Bell Swing
1:00 Burpee Box Jump
John, training for the CrossFIt games.
Our next Elements cycle begins on Monday, August 26th. If you or someone you know is interested in CrossFit, finding and addressing physical weaknesses, and having fun in a small group, now is the time to sign up. Elements is $99, includes 12 small group sessions spread out over 4 weeks, and open to all fitness levels. We have spots open at both the 8am and 8pm slots, which meet every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Buy online, in person, or contact us through email to sign up. Share the love, bring a friend. You know that friend who’s been talking about joining but is too nervous to sign up? That friend. Monday we begin anew. More details can be found here.
We’re changing our weekend hours. The weekend classes will now be reduced to one class at 10AM. Yoga will now be at 11AM.
Eric and John on the dumbbell hang power snatch
As a consequence, the upcoming schedule is:
- Friday (4/13/12): ONE class at 8AM
- Saturday (4/14/12): CLOSED
- Sunday (4/15/12): CLOSED
- Monday (4/16/12): THREE classes at 5, 6, and 7PM
We desperatley do not want to close our doors but, unfortunately, this cannot be avoided. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for bearing with us through these very unusual circumstances.
In lieu of these circumstances we are prescribing 1 weekend WoD for Saturday. Sunday is a mandatory rest day, if you wish to train please focus on active recovery as Monday will be very challenging and we expect you to arrive fresh and well rested.
Saturday - Meet at the Skidmore track @ 10AM
A. Run 400m @100% effort, rest 2-5 minutes between attempts, x4 sets
B. Accumulate 10 minutes in a forearm plank in as few sets as possible
- Go through a thorough warm up based on the principals we have discussed in class. The goal is to perform a dynamic warm up before the WoD in order to get your heart pumping and blood flowing, while then focusing on priming the nervous system for the upcoming demands of the task before you. Do not fatigue yourself… prime yourself.
- Take turns running the 400m dash, do not run simultaneously. Each athlete must be individually timed. Record each of your 400m scores down to the milisecond. Yes, you read that right, to the milisecond.
Sunday - Active recovery. Work on your handstands, mobility, go for a walk, a hike, swim, yoga, climb a tree. If you’re going to train, then keep it low intensity. Better to focus on play, have fun.
We have talking a bit about this class and will continue to until it is rote for the entire community but to review…
Each week will have 2 max effort (ME) days and 2 dynamic effort (DE) days.
ME is about moving the heaviest load possible and DE is about moving a set percentage of that load as fast as possible.
The week will look like the following.
- Monday - ME lower body
- Tuesday - ME upper body
- Wednesday - Complex skill acquisition/GPP and work capacity
- Thursday - DE lower body
- Friday - DE upper body
- Saturday - Test
- Sunday - Complex skill acquisition/GPP and work capacity
Keeping it paleo-glatt-kosher, Noah
Look at that game face!