“The life given us, by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal.” - Cicero
Congratulations to Mike are in order! By buckling down for 6 weeks on his linear progression he has made a lot of progress. He has more efficient and precise movement when performing the main lifts, and is significantly stronger (his squat went from 3 sets of 5 at 90# to 5 sets of 3 at 195# for his work sets). He joined the group class for the first time today. Congrats, buddy!
Mike doing his de-load set for today’s squat program.
B. 20 minute EMOM
Even: 2 Power Cleans
Odd: 5 Strict Pullups (C2B or L-C2B if possible)
C1. 3xN Skin The Cat
C2 3xAMRAP Hollow Hold -Rest 1 min
“Better to die on one’s feet than to live on one’s knees.” - Jean-Paul Sartre
Our Labor Day Hours are 9am class and 5pm class ONLY. Have a great day off! Go outside and enjoy the warmth while it lasts!
Preparing for a new 5-3-1 mesocycle: we all just finished our first 5-3-1 mesocycle! Congratulations! Every time we go into a new cycle we need to adjust our TRAINING MAX (TM) in order to continue to elicit the appropriate traning stimuli in order to drive progress. Here is how that is done:
- 1) Check your 1r+ efforts.
- a) If you scored 1-2 reps, then do NOT change your TM.
- b) If you scored 3 reps, then increase your LOWER BODY TM by 5# and UPPER BODY TM by 2-3#.
- c) If you scored 4-9 reps, then increase your LOWER BODY TM by 10# and UPPER BODY TM by 5#.
- d) If you scored 10 or more reps, then increase your LOWER BODY TM by 15# and UPPER BODY TM by 7-8#
- 3) If you do not have a 1r+ effort, then reference your 3r+ effort and apply the following heuristic:
- a) Score 3-4r = same TM
- b) Score 5r = +5# LB / +2-3# UB TM
- c) Score 6-10r = +10# LB / +5# UB TM
- 4) If you missed the 1r+ and the 3r+, then use the SAME TM.
Now that we have that out of the way, please listen to this lecture by Paul Jaminet, PhD and enjoy your weekend! Seriously, listen to this in full. He hammers home some important points with easy to visualize data that I have been hard pressed to indoctrinate upon you all.
A. Handstand Progression
B. 10x Burpee
Farmers Walk, around the loop with 2x KB or DB